Thursday, July 17, 2008

Conservation, Sudan & A-Rod



1% Conservation- Americans are learning that conservation has a direct effect on oil prices. Americans have reduced consumption this year by a whole 1% over the same period last year. Last week alone consumption was reduced 5.2%. The green technology movement is the industrial revolution of our times. Take a look at these two stories regarding automobiles and planes from the NYT.

China & Darfur- Nick Kristof's column in today's NYT regarding the ramifications of the International Criminal Court’s decision regarding the Sudan is a must read.

Guy O & A-Rod- I have to say I am a little pissed off at my good friend and former colleague Guy Oseary for not extending an invite to me to attend A-Rod’s All Star party. Never will you find a bigger Yankee fan than me. I have to give Guy and Madonna – full disclosure I once occupied an office in between each of their offices at Maverick-- big credit for causing this media sensation. Madonna’s stadium tour was already blowing out tickets and selling out in the matter of minutes of going up on sale. Guy, Madonna and LiveNation have got to be very happy campers.

No comments: