Saturday, July 26, 2008

Weekend Lite


A little too much politics here at GOTG this week, so it’s time to lighten up for the weekend.

First, I would like to congratulate the NY Yankees for their fine win over the Red Sox last night. This puts the Yankees only 2 games behind Boston for the wildcard spot in the AL East and gives them a perfect record since the All Star break. Both teams play again this afternoon at 3:30pm ET on Fox which means I have to tolerate that New York-hating Joe Buck. Fox continues to ruin the broadcasts of these important ballgames. I HATE Joe Buck!

I also, want to congratulate my pal Vince Vaughn on being named by Forbes the star with the biggest return for the buck. Vince returns an astounding $14.73 in box office for each dollar he's paid in salary. So Vince, you clearly owe me a meal and maybe you should consider a new agent since you seem to be leaving bags o money in the studio coffers. Come on Jimmy Miller get my man paid. The guys listed below know how to take the money off the table:

Tom Cruise 3.99:1.00
Will Ferrell 4.67:1.00
Adam Sandler 5.08:1.00
Will Smith 5.64:1.00

Sirius XM Merge- The merger of Sirius and Xm was approved yesterday by the FCC in a vote of 3-2. Mel Karmazin always wins. I think the root word of his name Karma really propels success in Mel’s life. Now with all these gizillion channels can you at least give this poor shameless blogger a show?

Follow the Leader- Huge props to California in following New York City’s lead in banning transfats. It’s nice to see that the healthy citizens of California are gaining wisdom from us pizza eating New Yorkers on eating healthy.

iPhone Fun- I think this video of director David Lynch discussing the iPhone is priceless.

No comments: