Friday, August 8, 2008

Into The Wild

Bits and Pieces- Nice sentencing of Bin Laden's driver yesterday. I guess the tribunals in Gitmo can be somewhat fair. It's only interesting that you are convicted and sentenced five years after being detained...McShame and the Republicans only want to drill our way out of the ongoing energy shortage. The word "crisis" really doesn't do justice and sounds too temporary, as energy becomes less and less available as a resource...The Olympics open and I guarantee the Chinese put on quite a show. Maybe we should give more thought to authoritarian rule as democracy has become awfully tired...In contrast Amnesty International Small Places Tour is close to announcing artists at a launch in London in September. Also, check out Amnesty's channel on YouTube as it was in the top 100 channels this week.

Retreat- I am heading to the Omega Institute for a workshop lead by Richard Leider. I am looking forward to being on this campus, I have heard many great things. Due to my attempt at gaining intrinsic wisdom, expect a little less posting over the next few days. I am hoping I can find some wifi there.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

We have bigger houses,but smaller famillies;